Sunday, August 15, 2010

significance of tilak


these days i feel like putting red kumkum bindi on my fore head , as i feel a big red fire ball there .i feel warmth and i knw its aadi shakti .....today i felt like searching why we put tilak on forehead and i got some thing which im sharing ...


( nirmala devi ma )..>>>>>>
Tilak is a mark of auspiciousness. It is put on the forehead with sandal paste, sacred a
shes or kumkum (red tumeric). The devotees of Siva apply sacred ashes (Bhasma) on the forehead, the
devotees of Vishnu apply sandal paste (Chandan), and the worshippers of Devi or Shakti apply Kumkum, a red tumeric powder.


When you apply the Tilak, you mentally imagine: "I am the one non-dual Brahman free from all duality. May my eye of intuition open soon." You should remember this every time you apply a Tilak.

2 comments:

Mrinalini said...

Thanks a lot Maa. Maa when I saw U in a pic with Your big red tilak, I saw Aadi Shakti Herself..........that's y I always say that U r my Aadi Shakti coz I can't find Her in any other bodily form than U. U r that Maa Shakti who have helped me a lot in my path of Truth and U r one with me. I can feel that powerful Shakti in U................... Bow to U Maa.

sunil said...

Maa--pranam--i cant commment abt that now---still got to get an experience--hope that time comes earlier